Friday, June 12, 2009

Provenance 2002 & 2005

Bottles 7 & 8
Provenance Merlot 2002 & 2005
This is a super wine Dan turned me on to several years ago. I was excited to see two bottles -different years - in the collection.  With just a hint of fruit it's bold but not overpowering - in the fruit department that is.  I find it 'fruity smooth'  a very technical term you may not have heard before, in lay-wo/man terms that means basically, 'TASTY!  This one pleases everyone, even those who don't much go for vino - go figure!  Both the 2002 and 2005 were delicious!  Maybe in a side-by-side I could offer some type of competent analysis (doubtful)  but consuming consecutively both were enjoyed as much as is humanly possible.  I had some friends over and these accompanied our meal - all I can say is not a drop was left or wasted.  Treat yourself some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment